In the same vein as High Fidelity, we give you our
Five Films Of All Time:
1. Clerks (Kevin Smith)
2. Go (Doug Liman)
3. The Shawshank Redemption (Frank Darabont)
4. Leon (Luc Besson)
5. Chasing Amy (Kevin Smith)
1. Travelling Light (Tindersticks)
2. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (The Smiths)
3. Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division)
4. This Is A Low (Blur)
5. Why Does It Always Rain On Me? (Travis)
Of All Time:
1. Mission: Impossible 2 (John Woo)
2. Grease (Randall Kleiser)
3. Titanic (James Cameron)
4. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (John Leonetti)
5. Jaws: The Revenge (Joseph Sargent)
1. Firestarter (Prodigy)
2. Search And Destroy (Iggy & The Stooges)
3. Kill All Hippies (Primal Scream)
4. Anarchy In The UK (Sex Pistols)
5. Anything By Westlife (They just have that effect on me)
1. Tom Cruise
2. Mel Gibson
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Tom Hanks
5. Bruce Willis
1. Half Man Half Biscuit
2. Prefab Sprout
3. Crispy Ambulance
4. Throbbing Gristle
5. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci
Get Drunk To:
1. From Dusk 'Til Dawn (Robert Rodriguez) - go on, YOU try and suppress the laughter
2. Desperado (Robert Rodriguez) - is it my imagination or is there a theme here?
3. Mallrats (Kevin Smith)
4. Star Wars (George Lucas) - only through strong liquor do you become one with the Force
5. The Blair Witch Project (Daniel Myrick & Eduardo Sanchez)
Night Out Records:
1. Come Out 2Nite (Kenickie) - "She drank all that we had / then she threw up and I was glad"
2. Out On The Floor (Dobie Gray)
3. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (Wham) - just because, OK?
4. Stuck In The Middle With You (Stealers Wheel) - the one (and only) record which invariably results in me being no 2
5. Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Chemical Brothers)
(Plus an honourary mention for Pulp's Monday Morning - the enforced ending to a Friday night out)
Five Life Changing Films:
1. Clerks (Kevin Smith) - I should really do something with my life...
2. Titanic (James Cameron) - I've just lost more than two hours of my life. Never again
3. The Matrix (The Wachowski Brothers) - I must learn Kung-Fu
4. Go (Doug Liman) - I've got to get into film making.
5. Any Tom Cruise film - I've got to hire an assassin
Boy Band Names:
1. Bad Boys Inc - they're dangerous, you know
2. Orange Orange - nee Upside Down - that was bad enough, surely?
3. North and South - how many Svengalis did it take to think of that one?
4. New Kids on the Block - only in America
5. E17 - named after their postcode? Please.
1. "Sorry, I thought you were somebody else."
2. "Why? Because I can!"
3. "Bob?" "Yeah?" (pause) "Nothing."
4. "There's one thing you forgot..."
5. "Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up smoking / coffee / crack cocaine."
Five Teenage Records:
1. Teenage Kicks (The Undertones)
2. It's Lulu (Boo Radleys)
3. Teenage Angst (Placebo)
4. Drive (REM) - "hey kids, rock 'n' roll/nobody tells you where to go"
5. Jubilee (Blur)
Back to Hobgoblins And Eskimos